Who should apply?
Any author currently residing on the North Shore, on Bowen Island, or in Lions Bay – or resided there during the year of publication – is encouraged to apply. Please see below for eligibility details.
- Authors must currently reside on the North Shore, on Bowen Island, or in Lions Bay OR have resided in one of these municipalities during the year of publication of the book submitted
- The book was published between 2013 and 2023, and has not been previously featured in the North Shore Authors Collection
- A maximum of 3 books can be submitted per year
- Material must be professionally printed and bound for circulation
- All genres for any age group are accepted
- Content may not contravene Canadian legislation
- Legal rights to the work must be held by the author/applicant
- May be in any language
If accepted, authors will be asked to donate three new copies of the book, at no cost, to the North Shore Authors Collection for display at North Vancouver City Library, North Vancouver District Public Library, and West Vancouver Memorial Library.
For more information, check out our FAQs.